And just like that, it’s August! But have no fear, there is still plenty of summer left! We want to make sure you make the most of it, so we put together a rad list of upcoming events this month that are sure to keep you entertained. From music, dancing, yoga, art, local farmers markets, comedy and more you’ll be sure to find something on the Seacoast that meets your needs! Enjoy.
Photo Cred: Seacoast Lately
• Portsmouth: Saturdays 8am-1pm | 1 Junkins Ave | Portsmouth, NH
• York: Saturdays 9am-1pm | 1 Stonewall Lane | York, Maine
• Exeter: Every Thursday 2:15pm-6pm | Swasey Parkway | Exeter, NH
• Durham: Every Monday 2:15pm-6pm | 5 Madbury Rd | Durham, NH
Tuesday, August 6th 6-8pm
Portsmouth are partnering up for 4 Salsa and Salsa Nights this summer! Salsa Secrets will provide music and dancing. Dos Amigos will have their amazing Taco Tuesday specials plus $1 off delicious margaritas! Get your salsa and salsa fix with Salsa Secrets & Dos Amigos.
Dos Amigos Burritos | 15 Portwalk Place | Portsmouth, NH
August 6th - 8th
Pure Barre Portsmouth is popping up all around town from August 6-8th. Grab a friend, bring your mat, and enjoy a complimentary barre at the following locations:
Tuesday, August 6th
• 5:30 - 6:20am | Jenness Beach in Rye, NH
• 8:00 - 8:50am | janegee | Stay after class for a chance to speak to Jane about natural skin care and ask any questions you may have. Each attendee will also eave with a janegee goodie bag filled with discounts and product!
• 5:00 - 5:50pm | Throwback Brewery in Hampton, NH
Wednesday, August 7th
• 5:30 - 6:20am | Prescott Park in Portsmouth, NH
• 5:30 - 6:20pm |MUSE Boutique in Portsmouth, NH
Friday, August 9th 7pm
Trevor Noah Loud and Clear Tour
Casino Ballroom | 169 Ocean Blvd | Hampton, NH
Sunday, August 11th 2-5pm
Get your creative juices flowing! One hour of vinyasa yoga followed by a paint and sip session lead by Baron Art. BYO yoga mat, drink and snacks.
155 Atlantic Ave | North Hampton, NH
Thursday, August 15th 6-8:30pm
PechaKucha nights are informal, fun gatherings held in more than 1000 cities world-wide, where creative people share their ideas, projects, and thoughts. The format is 20 images that automatically advance for 20 seconds each. The presenter thus has 6 minutes and 40 seconds to tell their story.
3S Artspace | Portsmouth, NH
Saturday, August 17th 10-11am
Outdoor Buti Yoga accompanied by live drumming, followed by a pool party. BYO yoga mat, pool floaties, and beverages if you want 'em.
Private Location - Address will be sent prior to event | Newington, NH
Sunday, August 18th 12pm
Cisco Brewery | Portsmouth, NH
Photo Cred: Alexis The Greek
Wednesday, August 21st 6:30-8pm
Due to popular demand, we are bringing one of our favorite nights! Join us on Wednesday August 21st for our Essential Oils 101 talk. Attendees will all leave with their very own janegee First Aid Essential Oil Kit. Space is limited so please sign up in advance!
janegee |107 Congress St | Portsmouth, NH 03801
Photo Cred: Seacoast Lately
Step into the enchanted world of Broadway’s modern classic, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. An international sensation that played a remarkable 13-year run on Broadway, Beauty and the Beast and has been produced in 37 countries worldwide. Based on the Academy Award-winning animated feature, the stage version includes all of the wonderful songs written by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman as well as new songs by Mr. Menken and Tim Rice. The original Broadway production ran for over thirteen years and was nominated for nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed into his former self. Time, however, is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
Running most Thursdays through Sundays through August 17. Dates and times subject to change.
Thursday and Sunday: 7:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 8:00pm
• Thursday, August 8th 7pm The Del McCoury Band
• Saturday, August 10th 7pm Galactic
• Sunday, August 11th 12pm Tommy Gallant Jazz Festival
• Wednesday, August 14th 7pm Fruition
• Friday, August 16th 7pm Margo Price
• Sunday, August 18th 7pm Anderson East
• Monday, August 19th 7pm Courtney Barnett
• Friday, August 23rd 7pm Ripe
• Friday, August 30th 7pm Darlingside
• Saturday, August 31st 7pm The Sheepdogs
For more information on the Prescott Park Concert Series, click here
We hope that you make the most of August on the Seacoast! We hope to see you out and about town, soaking in all the beautiful weather. If we don't see you, let us know what you think of the events listed above!