Summer vacation is coming to a close, the kiddos are heading back to school, and we are slowly finding our way back to routine. But just because those summer tans are fading doesn’t mean we lose our healthy glowing skin! In fact, a vital way to maintain that healthy glow is by detoxing your skin. Detoxing the skin removes impurities, pollutants, and dead skin cells that will bring your complexion back to its healthiest state.
Speaking of pollutants, pollution levels are on the rise and science has now proven that over-exposure to pollution can speed up the aging process of your precious skin. According to the World Health Organization, pollution particles can create hyperpigmentation in the skin, wrinkle formation, and inflammation/skin irritation. Believe it or not, pollution particles are finer than our pores, so we are being bombarded every day! Good news, we can defend and protect our skin against these unwanted chemicals.
Here at janegee, we believe that a consistent daily skincare regimen and detoxing your skin on a regular basis is very important. Using the correct cleanser and moisturizer on the skin will help defend against these less than desirable pollutants.
Looking for the right cleanser for your skin type? Check out our unique line of cleansers:
• Clear Skin – Our best-selling cleanser! Clear Skin is great on oily skin and skin that has congestion and acne. It’s a gentle and effective cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer all in one. It balances oil production, refines, moisturizes, and leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth, and healthy.
• Mild Cleanser No.1 – This is a great cleanser for normal and dry skin with no congestion. It’s filled with rich antioxidants to help repair, rejuvenate, and hydrate the skin.
• Deep Cleanser No.2 – This cleanser is ideal for normal and dry mature skin. It’s a rich, anti-aging cleanser that helps to maintain the surface integrity of your skin.
• Cleanser No.3 – Balance and restore your skin’s sensitivity. This lightweight oil cleanser will balance oil production and easily clean away excess oil, dirt, and debris. For some skins it can be reapplied to treat and moisturize your skin. This is the best cleanser to use on sensitive and Rosacea skin.
Looking for the best way to keep your skin moist? Check out our unique line of oils:
• Face Oil No.1 – Perfect for dry, mature skin. Rich in omega fats, vitamins, and minerals. Rosehip Oil helps to firm and tighten, making this a great anti-aging oil.
• Face Oil No.2 – The perfect blend for oily skin prone to blackheads, whiteheads, and pigmentation. Lemon and Cypress oil help to dissolve acne and congestion within pores.
• Face Oil No.3 – This is a great oil for anyone with sensitive and red skin. It’s rich in vitamins to help strengthen capillaries and moisturize skin.
• Face Oil No.4 – This is the best oil for oily, congested skin. It helps to balance and promote clear skin. It deeply cleanses and moisturizes skin while loading your skin with vitamins and antioxidants.
• Face Oil No.5 – Your skin needs lots of minerals in order to hold hydration. This oil is great for dry, dull skin that lack minerals.
• Bulgarian Rose Face Oil - This is one of our favorite oils for dry, sensitive skin. Soothing by nature, it is also a great oil for inflamed, acne skin. It helps to hydrate and promote the healing of acne lesions. It is also great for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Jasmine Rose Face Oil - This is a fabulous oil for dry, mature skin. This exotic blend of oils aids in reducing dark spots, evens skin tone, and nourishes and strengthens tired, dry skin. It also balances moisture levels, making it great for dry, tired skin.
• Orange Blossom Face Oil - This face oil balances and hydrates all skin types. It is especially good on oily skin that has surface dryness as it increases hydration in the upper layers of the skin without clogging. This lovely, freshly scented oil has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a perfect face oil for acne, oily skin. It also stimulates cell regeneration, which helps to refine scars and reduce fine lines.
• Elixir - This is an oil-free, corrective serum that is designed to balance and hydrate all skin types.
• Vitamin Creme - This is the perfect moisturizer for dry, mature skin. This exceptionally nourishing cream is an age-defying powerhouse with a high concentration of Vitamin C and Rooibos Tea to strengthen and detoxify your skin, all while treating visible signs of aging. Even though it is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and wrinkle-fighting ingredients, it is still so light and refreshing on the skin.
In addition to a regular cleansing & moisturizing routine, we highly recommend detoxing your skin using our janegee Pure Botanical Clays once per week (or more often if you have skin concerns such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, etc). We love natural, mineral-rich clay because it becomes electrically charged when you add water to it. What does that mean? Well, positive and negative ions attract each other. The clay will draw up those heavy metals, dirt and debris from the skin and wash them away. Trust us, your skin will LOVE this treatment.
Pro-tip: ditch exfoliation, detox instead! Exfoliation is an unhealthy process causing damage to the skin and endangering your health. It disrupts the membrane between the dermis and the connective tissue allowing bacteria, viruses and even cancer cells to move freely throughout the body. Check out our blog on exfoliation to read more.
So, the moral of the story? You can keep your healthy, glowing skin all year long by keeping a consistent skincare regimen and regularly detoxing your skin. As always, reach out if you are seeking help with what products best fit your skin type.